Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My One Prize Possession... My Life... The Jewel That Keeps Me Awake at Night

On a hot summer day I reach into my freezer to grab the tub of ice cream before realizing my father had eaten the last four scoops of my beloved cotton candy. Before I decided to panic, I reach into my pocket and come out with a handful of dimes... and bushels of dark blue lint. The dimes together add up to $3.30. Without any hesitation I realize what $3.30 can buy me. A large iced capp from Tim Horton's. I'm yet to have my daily dose of this refreshing masterpiece, so the lack of ice cream only helps contribute to my everyday tradition.
As I enter the Highway 8 Tim Horton's with Evan, the foreign woman takes my order and gives me my 5 cents in change. I dip my straw into the liquidy awesomeness and begin my quest for heaven. Caffeine truly is an addicting drug. I've become a fiend, similar to smokers, alcoholics or even sex addicts... yet I believe mine is the safest, and in most cases the most legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment